Search results for:
September 28, 2017
DCC Specialties PSX-AR On A Wye Tail Diagram
- Before wiring, ensure the Programming Jumper is on pins J3.2 & J3.3 to operate [Pin J3.1 is nearest the center of the PSX-AR circuit board]
- Cut isolating gaps in the rails between PSX/PSX-AR zones, and stagger the gaps by about 0.75” [21mm]
- If you are using both PSX circuit breakers and PSX-AR auto reversers on a layout and the locomotive hesitates when crossing a reverse gap, program the PSX controlling the track adjacent to the PSX-AR:
- Program CV55=1 [enable delay]
- Program CV65=128 [delay=16ms]. CV65 may be any value from 1 to 255. The delay in milliseconds is the CV65 value divided by 8. Ideally CV65 should be the smallest value that consistently works correctly. CV65=128 should work for most layouts.
- Input and Output connectors J1 and J2 are designed for use with 12 AWG to 22 AWG wire.
- Turn the screw on the connector counter-clockwise while looking at the connector opening
- Make sure the wire clamp is at the bottom of the connector opening.
- Insert the wire you are connecting and turn the connector screw clockwise to tighten.
- If you are using a heavier bus wire such as 10 AWG, solder a short length of 12 or 14 AWG wire to your heavier bus to connect to the PSX-AR terminal