Instructions and schematics for various SoundTraxx Tsunami DCC Decoders
1. Using wire cutters, remove the factory-installed capacitor from the Tsunami TSU-1000 Digital Sound Decoder by clipping the red and black wires, leaving about 3” of the black capacitor wire still attached to the decoder. The red capacitor wire may be removed and discarded.
2. Prepare the CurrentKeeper for installation: Using wire cutters, trim the blue and black wires to about 3”.
3. Strip and tin the ends of the wires on the CurrentKeeper, as well as the Tsunami’s black wire from the capacitor removed in Step 2 and the Tsunami’s blue wire (Function Common).
4. Slide a piece of the black heat-shrink tubing (included) over each of the CurrentKeeper’s wires. Solder the blue CurrentKeeper wire to the blue decoder wire and the black CurrentKeeper wire to the black decoder capacitor wire. Slide the pieces of heat-shrink tubing over the connections and heat to insulate. Note: Make sure you are soldering to the black capacitor wire remaining from Step 1 and not the decoder’s black wire for rail pickups.
5. Secure in place with Kapton® tape (or equivalent) if desired.
Note: Once placed on the track, it will take about 2 minutes for the CurrentKeeper to be fully charged.