SoundTraxx has announced the Tsunami2, a new line of Digital Sound Decoders that combines the best in digital sound with trailblazing and innovate operating features. Tsunami2 emphasizes FUN with more sounds, more features, and more ways to run your trains like a real engineer.
Expansive memory means that each decoder is packed with multiple prototypes and accompanying sound effects. No computer dongles or downloading is required – sounds are changed instantly by way of simple CV programming using your command station. Just six versions of the TSU-1100 contain all the sound selections as the original Tsunami product line! Each decoder offers a selection of never before released sounds and remastered versions of the SoundTraxx classics that we all have come to know and love.
Tsunami Spec Sheets
884001 TSU-1100 for Steam locomotives
885001 TSU-1100 for EMD Diesel Locomotives
885002 TSU-1100 for GE Diesel Locomotives
885003 TSU-1100 for ALCO Diesel Locomotives
885004 TSU-1100 for Baldwin and Other* Diesel Locomotives
886001 TSU-1100 for Electric Locomotives
The new TSU-1100 features a 32-bit processor that provides the necessary horsepower needed to support 28 functions, 16 polyphonic sound channels, tons of sound and lighting effects, advanced motor control and measures just 27mm x 10.5mm x 5mm!
Tsunami2 Steam decoders can produce over 50 sound effects! The impressive built-in sound library includes 12 bells, over 60 whistles, 10 air pumps, 8 dynamos, 10 exhaust chuffs, snifter valve, injectors, Johnson Bar, power reverse, firebox blower, side rod clank, brake squeal, and more.
The adjustable steam cutoff is guaranteed to make you feel like you are in the cab and in control! Drop into Drift Mode and listen to the rod clank and valve packing effects.
Fireman Fred has a few new things up his sleeve as well, as he works to keep the locomotive in prime operating condition. Selectable fuel loading makes models sound as they should, from hand-shoveled steam engines, to oil-burners, to those equipped with augers, to wood being stacked.
Tsunami2 Diesel decoder’s 50+ sound effects and expansive sound library includes engine startup and shutdown, engine prime mover through all eight notches, straight-to-8, HEP mode, 13 bells, over 40 air horns, 4 air compressors, dynamic brakes, radiator fans, brake squeal and more.
Tsunami2’s reactive DDE automatically adjusts the speed, timbre and volume of the exhaust as your engine works harder while Hyperdrive2™ technology results in smooth and precise locomotive operation, even at super-slow speeds. The switching mode will add a new level of realism for those whose primary ‘fun’ is in the running!
Tsunami2 goes several steps beyond ordinary sound generators. Whether steam, diesel or electric, Tsunami2 is so powerful that it comes with four special effects processors – the Equalizer, Sound Mixer, Dynamic Digital Exhaust and Reverb. It’s like having a complete sound studio at your fingertips! Each and every sound can be independently set for the volume that suits your ear.
The TSU-1100 is a universal-style, 1 Amp sound decoder with 4 function outputs. This decoder is ideal for many HO scale models and N-scale locomotives. The TSU-1100 comes in four diesel versions, one steam version and one electric version.
Model TSU-1100 Specifications
Motor Stall Current: 1A Maximum
Dimensions: 27 x 10.5 x 5mm
Function Outputs: 4
Function Current: 100mA (each output)
Audio Amplifier: 1 Watt, 8 ohm load
DCC Track Voltage: 7.5V – 22V
Common Decoder Features Include:
- Powerful 32-bit processor capable of 16 simultaneous sound channels
• Adjustable reverb and equalizer for the most realistic sound optimization ever!
• Train line charging effect
• More powerful amplifier for increased volume range
• Hyperdrive2 motor control
• Functioning locomotive and train brakes with adjustable braking rates
• 20+ Hyperlight lighting effects
• 4 function outputs
• Standard, 3-point and user-loadable speed curves
• Flex-Map function mapping easily maps any function to any key
• Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & RPs
• Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
• First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operating experience
• Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
• Automatic or manual notching
• Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
• Over 40 air horns
• Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
• First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service, cab sounds and more!
• Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatter add realism
• Prototypical HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
• Ten new or remastered exhaust chuffs in a single decoder
• Dynamic Digital Exhaust with drifting feature changes under load
• Rod clank and valve packing sounds
• Adjustable exhaust cutoff
• Over 60 whistles
• Selectable compressors, bells, dynamos, couplers, and more
• Fireman Fred sounds for coal-fired, wood, oil, or auger fueled locomotives
• Locomotive servicing sounds
• 2-cylinder and articulated settings plus new 3-cylinder exhaust chuffs
• Cylinder cocks, blowdown and wheel slip effects
- First ever Electric DDE with traction motor whine
• Pantograph operation sounds
• Over 40 airhorns/air whistle selections
• Motorman Omura provides cab sounds, operates doors and services the engine
• Catenary arcing sound and lighting effect
• Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
• Clickety-clack and authentic cab chatter add realism
• Trolley bell, stop requests, and door sounds for trolleys and traction models
• Steam heat for authentic passenger train operation